1 I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called,
• 2b and gentleness,
ₒ I Corinthians 4:18-21
• 2c with patience,
ₒ James 5:7-11
• 2d bearing with one another in love,
ₒ I Peter 4:8
• 3 eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
A Theological Appeal to Unity
• 4 There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call—
ₒ I Corinthians 12:13
• 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,
ₒ John 14:6
ₒ Jude 3
ₒ Galatians 3:27
• 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
• Since, by the power of God, we have been uniﬁed as one body, we must strive to walk in unity with one another.
ₒ John 17:20-23
• How does walking in humility, gentleness, and patience help maintain unity within the body?
• Why does love serve as “oil” for our relationships?
• How can our unity be a reﬂection of the perfect unity found within the Trinity?